Finding Your Truth


I’ve been waking up to a daily practice of being in nature, in my garden, and intimately watching how everything interacts with everything. I used to desire to create the perfect garden. This comes from my need to be perfect my entire life.

I asked the question this year: what does this garden desire to be? My garden is healing me, and I’m letting go and allowing it to be a garden. I’m just there to be a witness.

It's interesting to see how everything will unfold. I’m letting weeds grow in a hanging basket and allowing the weeds to be. Wondering if they contribute in some way. This is teaching me to surrender.

To give up control.


Control is where we stop receiving what could be possible in our lives. I've come to acknowledge that being in control makes me feel needed. And today, I released the need to be needed, to fix others, to heal others. 

As I released this need, the space I feel in my world is a sense of freedom I haven't had for many years.

Now, I invite you to reflect:

Where in your life are you controlling?

Where do you find yourself trying to be perfect?

If you do have the desire to be in control or be needed, is this yours?

Joyfully gardening and being curious,

Grace Covington

P.S. Escape the grind and embrace freedom by working less - Receive Here

Post a Comment

0 Comments